I’ve been a member of the Walgreens Balance Rewards for several months now and it’s been a nice way to get money back every time I shop for necessities.
So I was very excited to hear about the latest addition to the Walgreens Balance Rewards program: Steps With Balance Rewards.
What exactly is Steps With Balance Rewards? Well, it’s all about keeping me (and other members) motivated to keep active and to continue a healthy lifestyle.
How does it do that? Easy! By rewarding us every time we set and reach a fitness goal or weigh in.
Earn 20 points for every mile you walk or run and 20 points per daily weigh-in. Set goals, engage with an active community and earn badges for healthy activity. Those points accumulate and you’ll receive a $5 reward for every 5,000 points you earn.
The best part is that it can be as personalized to your own fitness level as you’d like. The person just starting out doesn’t need to commit to running 30 miles a week, for instance.
You can set your own fitness goals, for your own current fitness level and get rewarded no matter where you are. As long as you’re making those steps to a healthier, more active lifestyle, you’ll earn rewards through the Steps With Walgreens program.
Use those rewards at Walgreens to buy anything you need… including items that are added motivation to keep you working toward those fitness goals.
How do you sign up for the Steps With Walgreens program?
Getting enrolled with the Steps With Walgreens program is quick and easy.
If you’re already a Balance Rewards member, just log in to your account at Walgreens.com. You can do this on your computer or right on your phone, through the Walgreens mobile app.
Once you’re logged in, you’ll be able to head over to the Steps With Balance Rewards page (see below):
Once you’re on the Steps With Balance Rewards page, you set up your profile, which consists of choosing a screen name and your gender. This takes two minutes, at most.
And with that, you’re in!
Now the fun begins… setting your goals.
Again, the best part here is that you can set the goals that are right for your fitness level. If you’d like to walk a mile a day or run 10 or 20 miles per week, they’re all perfect, as long as they’re the perfect goals for you!
What keeps me motivated to reach my goals?
I started running only a few years ago, right after my youngest was born, and fell in love. I ran my first half-marathon less than a year after I started and it was the best feeling to get outside and hit the pavement several times a week. While it was tough to find time with a newborn (and a toddler), that time to myself with fresh air and heart pumping was enough to boost my spirits and give me enough energy to tackle the rest of the day.
Of course, there are still days that I need a little extra motivation to get moving.
So what keeps me motivated to keep lacing up?
1. Races. There’s something about a formal race that helps motivate me to keep running each week. I’ve only run two races so far (ever) – and they were both half-marathons. I can tell you it’s really tough to brush off your training runs when you know you have a long-distance race looming closer and closer.
2. Finding a compatible training partner. It’s a lot tougher to skip a run if someone else is waiting for you so they can start theirs!
3. An upbeat playlist. The time I spend on curating the perfect playlists is absolutely time well spent, in my mind. Music is such an integral part of my daily running motivation, that I end up updating my workout playlist every few months. I look forward to that high-energy music accompanying the sounds my feet make as they hit the streets.
4. Daily fitness log. Without fail, I keep track of every run I’ve ever been on. I love to look back at how far I’ve come in the (relatively) short time I’ve been a runner. While I already do this through a dedicated running app, I love that it’ll take just a second to log the workout on my Walgreens app, getting me one step closer to a Walgreens Balance Reward!
5. Dream big. While my first half-marathon was close to home (the Philadelphia Half Marathon), my second was more of a destination run. I signed up with one of my closest friends for a girls’ weekend – and we chose to take on the Disney Princess Half-Marathon. It’s a memory I’ll always cherish and was such a wonderful reward in itself to have a weekend away with my friend!
But you don’t have to travel hundreds of miles to stay motivated.
The reality is, most of your fitness goals (and mine) are going to happen within your everyday life and your regular routine.
That’s why Steps With Balance Rewards at Walgreens is so helpful – it’s rewarding you for steps you’re already taking and with the mobile app, you’re able to easily log in and get rewards for reaching those goals.
And check the new Aisle Share FUN page for even more fun in the aisles!
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Walgreens #CBias #SocialFabric. All opinions are my own.