Pinterest Projects: Specimen Art
Editor’s note: This post originally ran last fall, as an idea for Christmas. Choose a different shape to update it for spring or summer (or any time of year!).
I’ve teamed up with a few other bloggers to host a new Pinterest blog hop: I Didn’t Just Pin It, I Did It! So link up the projects that have so inspired you that you didn’t just pin it on Pinterest… you actually made it, too! (Link at the end of the post!)
It was a total crafty weekend for us. I finally sat down and made a few of those projects I’ve been pinning. (Want to see my inspiration boards? Check them all out over at Pinterest.)
This particular project was inspired by the following project from My Blessed Life that I found on Pinterest last month:
I stumbled across this project entirely too late to pull it together for Halloween. But winter? Winter, I could do. I found the cutest snowman punch at Joann Fabrics and broke out the hot glue gun (for the first time ever!)
Supplies you’ll need
- Paper punch (find a shape you love!)
- Scrapbook paper
- Scrabble tiles
- Felt furniture pads
- Hot glue gun
- Burlap (optional)
- Find a paper punch you love.
- Choose several designs of heavy-duty scrapbook paper. I went with a mix of patterns, solids and glittery papers.
- Punch out several shapes and lay out on your frame. You can decide how exact you’d like to be. The tutorial I followed actually measured between each shape. I just eyeballed it and was happy with the outcome.
- Attach felt furniture pads to the back of your shapes.
- Use hot glue to adhere the felt pads to your surface.
- Finally adhere your letter tiles to the bottom of your project.
Hint: if you’re using felt pads to adhere to your surface, make sure that the shape you choose is pretty solid to hide the pads. I almost went with a gorgeous snowflake, but there would’ve been no way to hide how I was adhering them.
What do you think? Who would you gift this to?
I Didn’t Just Pin It, I Did It! Pinterest Blog Hop
And now it’s your turn! Link up the projects that you not only made it to your Pinterest boards, but you actually made yourself!
Looking for even more Pinterest projects?
Check out our 31 Days of Pinterest series for more pin-spiration!