Make Your Own Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
The one thing my daughter wanted for her birthday? Minnie Mouse cupcakes.
So we came up with these sweet (and simple) Minnie Mouse cupcakes. They totally fit the bill and were so quick to put together.
How to Make Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
- Bake your cupcakes. I generally opt for a box mix, mainly because I like to focus on the homemade frosting and decorating and less about the cake itself.
- Frosting. I make my own. It’s super simple and generally easier to spread than store-bought and easy to tint to the color you need.
- Minnie Mouse ears. Mini Oreos made great Minnie Mouse ears. I cut them in half, scraped out the middle and just used the cookie portion.
- Pearls. I used these white pearl sprinkles for a little added fun on top!
- Minnie Mouse bows. The bow was the trickiest part—and it ended up being a lot easier than I expected. My first thought was to try fondant for the first time to make the bows. In the interest of keeping things simple (and inexpensive), my husband took a stroll down the candy aisle. And scored. Big. He found a bag of gummy hearts (on post-Valentine’s Day clearance, nonetheless!). And the best part? The bag was a mix of our daughter’s favorite colors: pink, purple and both. My husband got to work cutting the bottom of the heart into a bow shape.