It was a total crafty weekend for us. I finally sat down and made a few of those DIY holiday decor projects I’ve been pinning a bunch of lately. (Want to see my inspiration boards? Check them all out over at Pinterest.)
Did you find a project on Pinterest and complete one yourself? Be sure to link up for a chance at prizes at our Handmade Holiday linkup! Please make sure it’s a project you’ve personally completed. We love to pin, too, but we want to see what it actually inspires!
This particular project was inspired by this pumpkin specimen project that I found on Pinterest last month:
I stumbled across this project entirely too late to pull it together for Halloween. But winter? Winter, I could do. I found the cutest snowman punch at Joann Fabrics and broke out the hot glue gun (for the first time ever!)
DIY Holiday Decor : Snowman Specimen Art
Supplies you’ll need
– Paper punch (find a shape you love!)
– Scrapbook paper
– Scrabble tiles
– Felt furniture pads
– Hot glue gun
– Burlap (optional)
1. Find a paper punch you love.
2. Choose several designs of heavy-duty scrapbook paper. I went with a mix of patterns, solids and glittery papers.
3. Punch out several shapes and lay out on your frame. You can decide how exact you’d like to be. The tutorial I followed actually measured between each shape. I just eyeballed it and was happy with the outcome.
4. Attach felt furniture pads to the back of your shapes.
5. Use hot glue to adhere the felt pads to your surface.
6. Finally adhere your letter tiles to the bottom of your project.
Hint: If you’re using felt pads to adhere to your surface, make sure that the shape you choose is pretty solid to hide the pads. I almost went with a gorgeous snowflake, but there would’ve been no way to hide how I was adhering them.