It was a total crafty weekend for us. I finally sat down and made a few of those projects I’ve been pinning. (Want to see my inspiration boards? Check them all out over at Pinterest.)
Did you find a project on Pinterest and complete one yourself? Be sure to link up for a chance at prizes at our Handmade Holiday linkup! (Please make sure it’s a project you’ve personally completed. We love to pin, too, but we want to see what it actually inspires! )
This particular project was inspired by the following project that I found on Pinterest last month:
I stumbled across this project entirely too late to pull it together for Halloween. But winter? Winter, I could do. I found the cutest snowman punch at Joann Fabrics and broke out the hot glue gun (for the first time ever!)
Supplies you’ll need
- Paper punch (find a shape you love!)
- Scrapbook paper
- Scrabble tiles
- Felt furniture pads
- Hot glue gun
- Burlap (optional)
- Find a paper punch you love.
- Choose several designs of heavy-duty scrapbook paper. I went with a mix of patterns, solids and glittery papers.
- Punch out several shapes and lay out on your frame. You can decide how exact you’d like to be. The tutorial I followed actually measured between each shape. I just eyeballed it and was happy with the outcome.
- Attach felt furniture pads to the back of your shapes.
- Use hot glue to adhere the felt pads to your surface.
- Finally adhere your letter tiles to the bottom of your project.
Hint: if you’re using felt pads to adhere to your surface, make sure that the shape you choose is pretty solid to hide the pads. I almost went with a gorgeous snowflake, but there would’ve been no way to hide how I was adhering them.
What do you think? Who would you gift this to?