I’m the first to admit, we’re still figuring out this whole morning routine thing. With two kids going to attending two different schools (preschool and grade school), sometimes it feels like we need to be twice as organized.
Admittedly, that’s something we still need to work on.
Case in point: During the first week of school last year, I realized as we were walking my son into school, that he was wearing two different color shoes that day. Whoops!
So this year my own goals for back-to-school include getting truly organized, so that our mornings go much more smoothly.
Tips for Getting Organized for Back to School:
1. Pack lunches the night before and stick them in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Label. Label EVERYTHING. We don’t use plastic bags at home, so we have lots of reusable gear for the kids, especially in their lunches. I rely on durable labels like the ones from Bright Star Kids to make sure that those reusable sandwich bags, water bottles and other containers are always easily recognizable for my kids as their own. And I never have to worry about the labels coming off or fading in the dishwasher. (See below for a special offer from Bright Star Kids!)
3. Choose outfits the night before. Especially as my kids get older and have more opinions on what they’d like to wear each day, it’s key to have these decisions made before the morning even begins.
4. Set up a family paperwork station in the kitchen. Each kid gets a file folder and they can empty any permission slips or paperwork after school each day for you to sign and return to school.
5. Take a deep breath. (Or two.) The first week might be a little rough and tumble, but we’ll find our groove of a school morning routine again quickly. We always do.
Stick-on labels are extremely durable, so they’ll withstand the wear and tear of dishwashers. They’re 100% waterproof and scratch resistant. They’ll stick to most kinds of plastics and will stay stuck for years. When you’re ready to remove them, simply peel off and no residue will be left behind.
Put a label on it! Kick off the school year right and prevent unnecessary mishaps. Reply below for $5 off your Bright Star Kids order.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bright Star Kids. The opinions and text are all mine.