Amazon Trade In Program
Note: I’m in full decluttering mode here in the new year, so I’m taking the opportunity to repost this from last year. I’ve been working my way through our pile of DVDs and music and I’m already up to almost $60 trade-in value. I’ll take it!
Have you ever tried the Amazon Trade In program?
I tried Amazon trade in for the first time this month – and ended up making out pretty well! I sold 8 DVDs and made about $70 in Amazon credit, which is basically as good as cash for us.
We certainly made more doing that than we would have if we had sold them at a used DVD or bookstore. (Not to mention that we don’t really have any great used bookstores that are conveniently located, unfortunately.)
How does the Amazon trade in program work?
1. Gather any DVDs, CDs, video games or books you want to sell.
2. Search the Amazon trade in page for each title.
3. When you find a match, click “Trade In” button.
4. Choose the condition of your item. (Must be in good condition, like new or new.)
5. When you have the list of trade in items complete, choose a shipping method.
6. Print out a FREE mailing label (free if you choose to drop off yourself at UPS or USPS).
7. Ship in your items.
8. Wait 2-6 business days and an Amazon gift card will automatically be applied to your account.
9. Ta-da! You’ve just made a bit of extra $$ and lightened your load a little at the same time!
I was very pleased with how easy the entire Amazon trade in process was. I appreciated the free shipping. And I couldn’t be happier with how much we made on items we were trying to get rid of anyway.
Would you ever try the Amazon trade-in program?